Tuesday 28 May 2013

the start of an experiment

I cannot believe how much work I was able to get done yesterday, and I know why, I didn't have to keep stopping to find things - a wallet, clean t-shirt, right trainer, jacket etc.
I don't know if it's something to do with the male chromosome but my sons can't see for looking, the "lost"
article is often right next to them - as my grandmother used to say " if it had a mouth it would bite you ".
One of my sons has a friend with a six year-old sister and she is more aware of where his things are than he ever is!
So as I sat and knitted and sewed yesterday I came to a decision - I would try a little experiment - and stop finding their things.
It will be interesting to see if they adapt and improve their finding abilities. I doubt it very much and the house will probably be even more chaotic than usual, but you never know, miracles do happen!
On the knitting front, I have finished my day job knitting and have just started a little beanie to use up some oddments of yarn left over from a larger project,it's a lovely,soft cotton and cashmere mix, beautifully gentle
for delicate skin.I hope to finish it today, so might have a photo tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment