Monday 20 May 2013

back to the day job

I have been called back to my main work - test knitter and tech editor for a handful of designers.
This means I have to suspend working on my Etsy things for a few days so I can reach my deadline. It's great to have work, it would be even better if I could grow a second pair of arms and do both at once.

I have been gathering more ideas.  Yesterday I went for a walk along the beach and noticed a short row of faded beach huts, waiting for their summer spruce up. I thought of a soft, cosy little hoodie in muted stripes, perhaps with a pouch pocket to keep hands warm or to hold treasures ( my sons always had dinosaurs or cars in their pockets ).

Well, back to the knitting. It's at times like this that I am grateful to my grandmothers, one Irish, the other Scottish who taught me to knit. They were professional knitters all their lives and taught me to knit with the right hand needle under my arm, apparently this is one of the fastest methods , I am certainly going to need speed now.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day job :) and the design idea sounds beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Yes it is a dream job for a knitaholic like me and I get to use some lovely yarns. I'm glad you like my ideas it's helpful to get another opinion!

      Delete